Considered by many historians to be Frank Lloyd Wright’s first Prairie style masterpiece, the substantial residence was built for Ward Willits and his growing family in 1902. Through a series of subsequent owners, the house was altered, the stable sold off, and original Wright-designed furniture and art glass were removed. Eifler & Associates was retained by the current owner to restore the house to its original condition, and upgrade the bathrooms, kitchen, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to current standards. Extensive reframing of the roof was required prior to the installation of a new roof. Many layers of paint were removed from the wooden trim and stucco and the original surface was restored to its original color and texture. The interior trim and plaster surfaces were similarly restored and missing furniture, cabinetry and art glass were replicated from historic documents. The project has received restoration awards from the American Institute of Architects and the Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois.