The Ross House was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright as one of six speculative homes for a suburban development named “Ravine Bluffs” in 1915. In time, unfortunate additions and unsympathetic renovations resulted in the house being marketed as a teardown, despite objections from preservation groups. The house was purchased in 2010 and extensively restored, including a complete reworking of all exterior stucco, cypress trim, roofing, and solar panels. Interior finishes were similarly restored and new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing were installed, utilizing geothermal heating and cooling. The project serves as an example of a successful balance of historic preservation and sustainable construction techniques.