In 1947, a group of scientists from the Upjohn pharmaceutical company purchased this section of land to cooperatively build a community of homes. Starting in the late 1940s and continuing through 1960, five of the lots were developed — four with designs by Wright, including the Meyer House. In time, the Meyer House was allowed to deteriorate, and with the failure of heating pipes and flooding, the owner undertook the restoration of the house in 2012. Structural deflection in the roof was repaired, and a new roofing membrane installed. The failed radiant heat was removed and new piping and tinted concrete floor were installed. All interior and exterior wooden trim was cleaned and stained. Exterior windows were repaired and fitted with insulating glass.