Designed by Frank Abbott in 1891, the Heisen House is one of 4 remaining mansions remaining on North Lake Shore Drive, a street once lined with some of Chicago’s most extravagant residences. Through the years, the building suffered from neglect and had at one time been divided into 7 apartments. The house was purchased in 2001 and was extensively rehabilitated into a single-family home. Unfortunately, only the original stair remained, the remaining finishes had been removed over time. E & A provided complete architectural services for the design and construction of the entire interior, as well as exterior restoration and the addition of a roof-top terrace.