Walter Burley Griffin was 26 when he designed one of the great Prairie Houses of the midwest. Completed in 1903, the house had been compromised over time by an unfortunate addition and general neglect. In late 1999 the house was purchased by owners intent on restoring the house to its original splendor. E & A oversaw the removal of the addition and restoration of all interior finishes. New bathrooms and a kitchen were designed to be in keeping with the original house. A new cedar roof was installed, and the exterior masonry was restored. Missing art glass windows were recreated, and the second-floor structure was augmented with sister joists to provide adequate support. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.