The Fisher Building
Chicago, Illinois

Originally designed in 1896 by Daniel Burnham, Eifler & Associates was retained by the Kenard Corporation to restore the interior lobby and first floor commercial space of this early skyscraper. The scope of work included removal of non-historic material, restoration of the elevators, historic floors and walls. Accretions covering the storefronts on the ground level were removed and the original cast-iron storefront windows were either restored or replicated in aluminum where necessary. All work was done in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and the City of Chicago Landmarks Commission Standards. The project was completed in early 2001 and received awards from Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois, American Institute of Architects, and the City of Chicago Landmarks Commission.

The Brooks Building,   223 W Jackson Blvd.  Suite 1000,  Chicago, Illinois 60606        T 312.362.0180        F 312.362.0112